Software Systems Engineer
Main purpose of position
Application software (PC) and embedded firmware programming. Providing a fully documented structure in line with regulations (BS EN 62304). Fault finding and commissioning. Assisting in systems related tasks as required by the project.
Position in structure/supervisory responsibilities
Report to R&D Manager and Project Managers. Take guidance from Principal Engineers. Overseeing junior engineers and technicians as required.
- Work as part of a project team
- Generate application software (PC based, Windows, Linux OS). Using C++, C#, Java, Python
- Generate embedded firmware code in C, Possible App generation (iOs, Android)
- Fault finding, integration and commissioning
- Generate efficient, commented, well-structured and tested, code in line BS EN 62304 requirements
- Generate clear, concise documentation in line with regulatory requirements
- Systems tasks as required by the project. Capturing requirements
- Liaise with clients, management and project members
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- Degree: 2:1 or better in Computer Science, Embedded Systems or a relating Engineering subject
- 3+ years industry based experience
- Good presentation. Capable of communicating effectively to team members and clients alike
In addition to the above functions and responsibilities employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required.
To apply for this role please send your CV and covering letter to our Human Resources Officer, Vicki Williams on email@example.com