Mechanical Systems Engineer
Main purpose of position:
To take responsibility for the mechanical and systems design of products from concept through to production taking account of requirements, cost and regulatory constraints under the peer review of principal engineers.
Position in structure/supervisory responsibilities:
Report to the Principle Mechanical Engineer and Project Manager. Possible supervision of graduate engineers and apprentices.
- Take responsibility for the design of mechanical aspects within a given project using Solidworks. Knowledge of sheet metal, machining and injection moulding processes. Industrial design experience advantageous.
- Ideally have the ability to carry out systems roles, this may include defining optics, thermals, material properties, microfluidics or other aspects of a project.
- Electronics knowledge would be advantageous.
- Able to come up with novel ideas based on calculation and simulation.
- Generation of full project technical documentation package.
- Feasibility studies, design proving exercises.
- Confident, presentable with good written and oral communication skills. Possible client facing opportunities.
- Good time management, taking full responsibility for a design, ensuring timely delivery.
- Active team member willing to participate in the development of the department.
- Trouble-shooting, fault finding.
- Working within an ISO 9001 framework
In addition to the above functions and responsibilities employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required.
Necessary qualifications and training:
- Degree (2:1) or better
- Ideally 2+ years industry design experience
- Competent familiarity with SolidWorks modelling
To apply for this role please send your CV and covering letter to our Human Resources Officer, Vicki Williams on firstname.lastname@example.org