Main purpose of position:
Responsible for overseeing the daily operations of both the Materials and Production Engineering departments, and to work closely with the New Product Manager and assist the Production Manager to plan, manage, and implement schedules to ensure deadlines are met whilst maintaining a high-quality standard of product, production and delivery.
Position in structure/supervisory responsibilities:
Reports to Managing Director
- Coordinate all Materials and PE activities
- Communicate with supply chain regularly
- Responsible for the planning and procurement of daily operations
- Communicate with all relevant employees to ensure delivery times are met
- Plan, schedule, and review workload and manpower to make sure targets are being met on a cost-effective basis
- Work with the Production Manager and collect, organise, and release all relevant information for Manufacturing quotations to BD
- Manage the stock control, and check that inventory records are accurate
- Manage goods-in/despatch processes and personnel ensuring procedures and deadlines are met
- Ensure the Production Engineering team has enough time to process and deliver required documentation based on manufacturing/clients’ requests
- Communicate any changes in orders or delivery dates to relevant parties
- Maintain a working knowledge of component lifecycles
- Makes sure the working environment maintains access to quality equipment
- Purchase materials and services required for production
- Organise, plan, and implement inventory activity
- Confirm that health and safety regulations are followed
- Implement new initiatives and drive cost saving exercises
- Support MD with customer meetings
- Implementation of relevant ISO/FDA standards, work with QA to audit suppliers
- Monitor ‘A’ Class items monthly
- Analyse and check any discrepancies with the CoS figure using the Sales Analysis report
- Work with other departments to ensure they are up to date on the current supplier base
- Review worker performance;
- Identify training needs.
- Compile regular department activity reports
In addition to the above functions and responsibilities employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required
Necessary qualifications and training:
- They must have a relevant qualification in purchasing and/or engineering, preferably at degree level or equivalent.
- Relevant experience will be considered.
- Travel may be required.
- Must have excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills
- Team Player
- Experience using ERP systems
To apply for this role please send your CV and covering letter to our Human Resources Officer, Vicki Williams on firstname.lastname@example.org